Family Card FAQs.
- How does the Visa Prepaid Family Debit Card work? Use your Visa Prepaid Family Debit Card to make purchases anywhere Visa Debit Cards are accepted or to withdraw cash from any ATM.
- What makes the Visa Prepaid Family Debit Card different from other Prepaid Cards or merchant gift certificates? Different from a Prepaid Gift Card or Store Gift Certificate, your Visa Prepaid Debit Card is re-loadable, which means your sponsor or gift giver can add funds to your card. Also, unlike gift cards or gift certificates which may limit where they can be used, your Visa Prepaid Debit Card can be used wherever Visa Cards are accepted and at ATMs too!
- Is this Visa Prepaid Debit Card like a credit card? No, the Visa Family Prepaid Debit Card is a prepaid "stored" value card. Your sponsor or gift giver determines the original value of the card by funding any amount between $25 and $2,000. The sponsor or gift giver can add money to the card either on a scheduled basis or as needed.
- How do I activate the Visa Prepaid Debit Card? To activate your card, call the toll free Customer Service number at 1-800-963-8695. Your initial Personal Identification Number (PIN) will be the last four digits of your Social Security Number. During the activation process you will be prompted to change your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to a new 4-digit number of your selection.
- Can I make a purchase for more than the amount remaining on the Card? Yes, depending on merchant policy. By using the balance remaining on your Visa Prepaid Debit Card plus another form of payment (cash, credit card, check). Notify the merchant that you need to split your payment. Note: It is important to keep track of your Prepaid Debit Card balance to avoid having purchases declined for insufficient funds
- Can I use my Visa Prepaid Debit Card at more than one merchant? Yes, as long as there are sufficient funds remaining on the Prepaid Debit Card.
- Can I use the Visa Prepaid Debit Card for online purchases? Absolutely. As long as Visa Debit cards are accepted. Most online companies confirm name and address of the cardholder before approving the purchase.
- Can I use the Visa Prepaid Debit Card at an ATM to withdraw money? Yes. Although there is a daily maximum of five withdrawals totaling $354.00. The Prepaid Debit Card cannot be used for transfers.
- Can I add more money to the Visa Prepaid Debit Card? No, but the person who issued the card to you (the sponsor), or a gift giver who has been set up by the sponsor can add funds to the card.
- What should I do if my Visa Prepaid Debit Card is lost or stolen? Immediately call Community Trust Customer Care Center toll free at 1-800-963-8695. This number is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. OR, report the card lost or stolen at the cardholder website: https://www.familyprepaiddebit.com/familycard/ctbonline/login
- Does my Visa Prepaid Debit Card expire? The Expiration date is embossed on the front of your Prepaid Debit Card. If a balance remains on the card at the expiration date another card will be issued and mailed directly to you. OR, you may stop by a branch of the Bank to obtain the funds. NOTE: A monthly maintenance fee of $2.50 will be assessed against the card balance after six months of inactivity.
- What happens when I spend all the funds on my Visa Prepaid Debit Card? Your Visa Prepaid Debit Card will no longer be accepted as a form of payment unless the sponsor or gift giver adds funds to the card.
- What happens if I return merchandise purchased with my Prepaid Debit Card? Some stores will give you store credit while others will credit back the card. Credits to the card will increase the balance remaining on your Visa Prepaid Debit Card.
- When should I destroy my card? It is best not to destroy the card until the expiration date. Sponsors or gift givers have the option to add funds to the card until the card expires. Also, certain stores may require a credit back to the Visa Prepaid Debit Card used to make the purchase.
- Can I use my card at a restaurant? Yes, however, most restaurants will attempt to authorize the transaction for the total bill plus an estimated tip. The addition of the tip may be more than the balance remaining on the card causing the transaction to be denied. Notify the server if the balance on your card is not sufficient to cover the tab plus the tip.
- Can I use my card to purchase gas? Yes, you may present the Family Card for payment inside the gas station. You may not use the “pay-at-the-pump” method of payment.
- Am I able to obtain cash from my Visa Prepaid Debit Card at a bank teller? Yes, as a Cash Advance. A $3.00 service charge will automatically be deducted from your Visa Prepaid Debit Card balance. You may also visit an ATM machine to use your card with your PIN for no charge.
- What is the balance on my Visa Prepaid Debit Card? When you receive the card, the value should be written on the package. In the event it is not, you may call 800-963-8695 or go to: https://www.familyprepaiddebit.com/familycard/ctbonline/login
- How can I check the balance on my Prepaid Debit Card? Balance information can be obtained by calling Community Customer Care Center at 1-800-963-8695. Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Or check balances at the cardholder website: https://www.familyprepaiddebit.com/familycard/ctbonline/login. When accessing the website please have your "User Name" and "Password" available The "User Name" and "Password" were provided to you by your sponsor
- When are funds available on the Visa Prepaid Debit Card? Card Funding. One of two methods of funding may have been selected by the Sponsor of your Visa Prepaid Debit Card that may affect the availability of funds.
a) A Card-to-Card* funding provides immediate availability on the receiving card*
The Card that the sponsor is using to fund the Visa Prepaid Debit Card must be Community Trust Bank Prepaid Gift Card.
b) Account (checking or savings) to Card funding provides availability to the receiving card on the first business day.